It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

QuickClickies

Author Topic: Any fairbanks furs/therians?  (Read 5123 times)

Rhavaniel

Any fairbanks furs/therians?
« on: 2008, September 05, 03:01:20 pm »
Hello Alaska.

I've had an interesting life.
Born and raised in Sacramento, CA.-- The Ghetto. Moved to Redding, CA. Now I'm a senior in high school. Now, a lot of people my age really aren't into soul-searching and anyzation of higher powers/dieties/gods... or generally thinking about anything, for that matter. But I find that it's my nature to think a lot. I like solitude, or being close to people i care about. I often find myself alone in a corner, thinking about how i don't act like all of these people that i sit watching. And i don't. I'm not normal. Ever since i was a little kid, i knew i was different. I always acted instinctively; primally. Like.. an animal. When i was ten, i discovered the internet. It was then that i started to develop a liking for anthropomorphics. So I became a furry. I still am, too. I like fursuiting and cons, and i love to draw anthros. About last year, I discovered my true nature, however. The furry fandom seemed to me like just what it entailed -- a fandom. It consisted of people who liked anthros. People who thought anthros were cute, people who wanted to be the animals then roleplayed as. But to me, it was more. And that just didn't add up. My friend Terri, and fellow otherkin/theiran, discovered her therian self last year. She told me about it. Terri and i have been best friends since the third grade. We'd go about terrorizing people in the playground. Good ol' days. :]
Well, I did some thinking. And discovered that i am a dragonkin/wolf therian. I truly believe this, and do not say it for the attention.
When i was about thirteen, I discovered wicca. It's been my religion ever since. I'd never really been religious, but wicca had called to me. Recently i've started practicing buddhism, too.

Well, that's all, i'll spare you from any more of my ramblings. And give yourself a high-five if you bothered to read all that!

I'd like to meet other theirans/furs in Fairbanks. :3
Message me if you'd like to get together!

Offline Eternimus

• Amazingly Violent
  • Head of House Shadowstar
Re: Any fairbanks furs/therians?
« Reply #1 on: 2008, September 05, 03:53:53 pm »
Welcome to Alaska. I know there's a few furs in Fairbanks, just have to dig around for em.

My wife practices Wicca, I practice Asatru. You'll find a lot of religious and not so religious people here.

Good luck in your search for furs in Fairbanks though. People are friendly, just give em time.
If a scene calls for 60 ninjas, it takes 10 weeks to find them, even if they are in the same elevator as you.
~Seanbaby, Cracked.com

Crimson

« Reply #2 on: 2008, September 05, 03:57:05 pm »
don't have time to reply to all of that but... i would like to take the time to say it isn't as much fun to give myself a high five...

Rhavaniel

« Reply #3 on: 2008, September 05, 04:05:27 pm »
Welcome to Alaska. I know there's a few furs in Fairbanks, just have to dig around for em.

My wife practices Wicca, I practice Asatru. You'll find a lot of religious and not so religious people here.

Good luck in your search for furs in Fairbanks though. People are friendly, just give em time.
Thanks! Er.. what's Asatru, if you dont mind me asking?

Rhavaniel

« Reply #4 on: 2008, September 05, 04:06:09 pm »
don't have time to reply to all of that but... i would like to take the time to say it isn't as much fun to give myself a high five...

*holds up a paw for a high five*
:D

Offline Eternimus

• Amazingly Violent
« Reply #5 on: 2008, September 05, 06:36:45 pm »

The religion of my ancestors. More commonly known as Norse Hethanism or Odinism. I will refer you to this link as it is something I started awhile ago, that sort of died out when I got very busy, so I'm going to add more now that things are fixed.
If a scene calls for 60 ninjas, it takes 10 weeks to find them, even if they are in the same elevator as you.
~Seanbaby, Cracked.com

Zev The Dog

« Reply #6 on: 2008, September 06, 10:26:05 am »

The religion of my ancestors. More commonly known as Norse Hethanism or Odinism. I will refer you to this link as it is something I started awhile ago, that sort of died out when I got very busy, so I'm going to add more now that things are fixed.

In other words, David is one bad-mammy-jammy Viking Warlord
Jeg leider efter....VALHALLA!
« Last Edit: 2008, September 06, 10:31:21 am by Zev The Dog »

Offline Oni

• Mistic
  • Meowmix
    • Alaska Community
  • Fursona: Bengal House Cat
« Reply #7 on: 2008, September 06, 10:28:55 am »
Meowmix,
Very glad to see you. Ya I do know there are a few up in Fairbanks, or near there. Your not alone up north. LOL.
Glad to be of Service.

"I suffer from A.D.O.S.                     Attention deficit.......OOOOOHH! SHINY!!"

Taylor-MadeAK

« Reply #8 on: 2008, September 06, 12:32:41 pm »
That reminds me, I need to get a bottle of mead to Eternimus.  He, of all people, could truly appreciate it. ;D

Zev The Dog

« Reply #9 on: 2008, September 06, 06:36:22 pm »
That reminds me, I need to get a bottle of mead to Eternimus.  He, of all people, could truly appreciate it. ;D

what uh....are you implying over there?....*feels gypped, having NOT received any delicious Jamaican Ale >:O*

Offline Eternimus

• Amazingly Violent
« Reply #10 on: 2008, September 06, 07:05:33 pm »

I don't get mead often. Real mead that is. When I do I usually drink all of it myself. As in the entire batch. That's why I'm using a very old family recipe (rumored to come from about 300 years down our line) to make some. I'll start it the 12th. And then drink it when I get sick of waiting. But if you're gonna send me some TM, I will warn you. I probably won't share.
~Seanbaby, Cracked.com

Taylor-MadeAK

« Reply #11 on: 2008, September 06, 07:11:08 pm »
I'll bring ya a bottle on Wednesday, Eternimus.  And no, I don't expect you to share.

We'll have to talk about this 300 year old family recipe of yours sometime.  I'd be interested in hearing all about it. ;D

Offline Eternimus

• Amazingly Violent
« Reply #12 on: 2008, September 06, 07:26:42 pm »
I dunno if it actually is, and I really don't care. It sounds good anyhow. Just in case it IS an old family recipe, I'll tell you TM since I respect your skills as a brewer. And if it turns out it isn't, then oh well. Bottom line is I'm starting it on the 12th and after the initial fermentation and such I am storing it and cracking it open on my birthday. This will be my first honey mead attempt, so if you don't like it, all of you who I share it with, tell me later. Not on my birthday or I'll beat your ass. Now I return the thread to Rhavaniel. Sorry about the hijacking, it happens all the time here.
~Seanbaby, Cracked.com

Rhavaniel

« Reply #13 on: 2008, September 06, 07:54:22 pm »
Haha, it's perfectly fine. I enjoy reading about it. :D
Mead's the best, by the way. I've had good, and i've had horribly brewed mead. And even though horribly brewed mead is bad, it's better than Bud Light. XP

Offline Oni

• Mistic
  • Meowmix
    • Alaska Community
  • Fursona: Bengal House Cat
« Reply #14 on: 2008, September 06, 10:04:46 pm »
As Far as Therians in Fairbanks. I know of one who is two. Been trying to get them on the website, but with no luck. LOL. They are a private bunch.
Glad to be of Service.

"I suffer from A.D.O.S.                     Attention deficit.......OOOOOHH! SHINY!!"